HBO Max supported devices
HBO Max is available on the following devices.
Which device are you using?
The following phones and tablets are supported:
- Most Android phones and tablets with Android OS 5 or later
Install: On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose the download option.
Installing HBO Max from somewhere other than the official Google Play app store is not supported. Huawei phones and tablets are no longer supported.
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with iOS 14 and iPad OS 14 or later
Install: On your Apple device, open the app Store and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose the download option.
For a better streaming experience, update your iPhone or iPad software to the latest version. Here's how:
- Open Settings on your Apple device, then choose General > Software Update. For more information, go to Apple's Update your iPhone or iPad article.
- If you can't update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to iOS 14 or later, try switching to a different supported device for a better experience.
The following computers are supported:
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- Mac with macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebook with Chrome browser version 95 or later
The following web browsers are officially supported:
- The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
- The latest version of Microsoft Edge for Windows
- Safari version 12 or later
You can stream HBO Max on a variety of browsers. For the best experience, use an officially supported browser.
HBO Max is supported on the following TV devices:
- Android TV with Android OS 5 or later
This includes most Sony Android TVs (2015 models and later) and Chromecast with Google TV.
To install: on your Android TV, open the Play Store and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose one of these options:
- Subscribe & install: Start a new HBO Max subscription and install the HBO Max app.
- Install: Installs the HBO Max app.
The HBO Max app is supported on Google Play and Dolby certified devices installed via the official Google Play app store. Installing HBO Max from somewhere other than the official Google Play app store is not supported.
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- PlayStation 4: Go to the PlayStation Store and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose Download.
- PlayStation 5: On your PlayStation 5, go to Media > All Apps and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose Download.
- Samsung TV 2016 models and later
Install: On your Samsung TV, choose Apps, and then search for HBO Max. Then, select and download HBO Max. If HBO Max is not in the Samsung app store, your Samsung TV may not be supported.
The HBO Max app is available on the following Vodafone TV devices in Czech Republic, Hungary, Portugal, and Romania:
- Vodafone TV Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 3
- VF TV Play (Portugal only)
Other ways to stream on your TV
If you don't have one of the devices listed above, here are some other ways to stream on your TV: