Account found: Link or create an account
When you register your provider subscription, you might see an Account Found screen. This happens if you enter an email that's already associated with an account.
The Account Found screen has two options:
This option links the account that we found to your HBO Max subscription through your TV or mobile provider. After choosing this option, check your inbox for an email from HBO Max (the subject line is 'Here's Your One-Time Code'). Then, enter the code from the email and choose Link Accounts. If you don't get this email see Didn't get the email?
After you register and link your accounts, you'll be billed for HBO Max through your TV, internet, or mobile provider account. If your existing account had an active subscription that is...
- Billed through us (HBO Nordic AB or HBO Europe, s.r.o.) - we will cancel the subscription for you.
- Billed through another provider - we can't cancel the subscription for you. You'll need to manage your subscription to avoid being charged twice.
If you link to an HBO Max account you'll keep your existing profiles which includes settings such as My List, parental controls, and Continue Watching. Your profile settings are not saved if you link to an HBO GO or HBO Portugal account.
This option creates a new HBO Max account (we won't link to the existing account we found). After choosing this option you'll be prompted to enter a different email address. Your new HBO Max account won't have your previous account settings - such as My List, parental controls, and Continue Watching.
Didn't get the email?
If you didn't get the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email, do the following:
- Search all of your inbox folders for an email from HBO Max (including your Promotions and Spam folder).
- Choose the Resend One-Time Code button on the Enter Code screen and check your email again.
- Check the email address that appears at the top of the Enter Code screen.