Account Found: Link or create an account
When you sign in with a provider for the first time, you might see an Account Found screen. This happens if you enter an email that's already associated with an account.
The Account Found screen has two options:
This option links the account that we found to your HBO Max subscription through your provider. After choosing this option, check your inbox for an email from HBO Max (the subject line is 'Here's Your One-Time Code'). Then, enter the code from the email and choose Link Accounts. If you don't get this email, see Didn't get the email?
After you link your accounts, you'll be billed for HBO Max through your provider.
If your existing account has an active subscription that is...
- Billed through us (WarnerMedia Direct Latin America) - we will cancel the subscription for you.
- Billed through another provider - we can't cancel the subscription for you. You'll need to manage your subscription to avoid being charged twice.
If you link to an HBO Max account you'll keep your existing profiles and settings such as My List, parental controls, and Continue Watching.
This option creates a new HBO Max account (we won't link to the existing account we found). After choosing this option, you'll be prompted to enter a different email address. Your new HBO Max account won't have your previous account settings - such as My List, parental controls, and Continue Watching.
Didn't get the email?
If you didn't get the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email, do the following:
- Search all of your inbox folders for an email from HBO Max (including your Promotions and Spam folder).
- Choose the Resend One-Time Code button on the Enter Code screen and check your email again.
- Check the email address that appears at the top of the Enter Code screen.