How do cancel my subscription or trial?
HBO Max subscriptions are available through many providers and the cancellation steps vary by billing provider. Your billing provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max.
- Your HBO Max subscription will auto-renew until you cancel it.
- Cancel 1-2 days before your next billing cycle starts (this varies by provider).
- When you cancel your subscription, you can continue streaming until the end of your billing period.
- Deleting the HBO Max app does not cancel your subscription.
Cancel your subscription
First, find out who your subscription is billed through:
- Open HBO Max or go to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
If you subscribe to the Mobile plan, open HBO Max on your phone or tablet.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets), then the Settings icon (upper left) and then tap Subscription.
- TV device: Choose your profile (upper left), then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Subscription.
Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.
- Here you can see who your subscription is billed through.
- Choose Learn More (if available) or find your billing provider below:
- Apple iTunes or App Store
- Google Play
- Samsung TV
- WarnerMedia Direct Latin America
- TV, internet, or wireless provider: Sign in to your TV provider's website, go to your provider's Help Center, or contact your TV provider.
- Other provider: Go to your provider's Help Center or contact your provider.
Note Subscriptions through app stores are not available in all countries.
If you have billing questions, see our Billing Q&A.
Can't sign in and I'd like to cancel
If you can't sign in, review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. Once you know who is billing you, choose them from the list above. However, if your subscription is part of a TV package or wireless plan, you may not see an individual charge for HBO Max.