Change your email or password
Your account info includes your name, email address, and a password. For billing information, see View or change subscription.
Change your name, email, or password
Here's how to change your account info:
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Open HBO Max, tap your profile (upper right), and then the Settings icon . Sign in if needed.
- Computer: Sign in at HBOMax.com, choose your profile (upper right), and then choose Settings. Need help signing in?
- TV device: You can't change your account info on your TV.
- Find or choose Account (Account is only available with Adult profiles).
- Select the Edit icon next to the field you want to change. We'll send you an email with a verification code to your account email address. The email subject line is 'Here's Your One-Time Code.'
- Keep HBO Max open while you check your email.
- Open the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email and find the 6-character code. If you didn't get this email, see the Troubleshooting section below.
- Go back to HBO Max, enter the 6-character verification code, and choose Continue.
- Change your account information and choose Save.
Note If you change your email address, we'll send an email to your new account email address. Open this email and choose Verify Email. Then, you should see a 'You're All Set' page.
If you mistyped your email when you created your account or you no longer have access to the email associated with your account, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
If the code doesn't work, try the following:
- On the Verify Email Address screen, select Get a new code and try the steps again.
- Try private browsing: Open a private or incognito browser window, then go to HBOMax.com and try the steps above again. To find out how to open a private or incognito window, search the Internet for 'private window' + the name of your browser (e.g. 'private window Chrome').
If the code still doesn’t work in a private browser window, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
If you didn't get the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email, try these steps:
- Check your account email address. To do this, go to Settings and find or choose Account. If there's a typo in your account email address, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
- Search all of your inbox folders for an email from HBO Max (including your Promotions and Spam folder).
- Choose Get a new code on the Verify Email Address screen (Step 3 above), then check your email again.
If these steps don't help, please contact us via phone or chat.
If your updated email address won't save, this may mean there's an account with the email address you entered. Please enter a different email address.