Fix HBO Max subscription issues
If you have an HBO Max subscription and can't stream or are prompted to subscribe, here are some things to try.
Check your subscription status
Make sure your HBO Max subscription is active. Here's how:
- Open HBO Max or sign in to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), the Settings icon , and then tap or scroll to Subscription.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon , then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Settings, and find Subscription.
(Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.)
- Here you'll find who your subscription is billed through.
- Make sure your subscription hasn't expired. Here's how:
- WarnerMedia Direct Latin America, LLC: If your subscription is active, you'll see the next billing date.
- Apple: Open the Settings app on your iOS device and tap your name. Then, tap Subscriptions and find HBO Max in your list of subscriptions.
- Google Play: Go to Google Play Subscriptions and find HBO Max in your list of subscriptions. You may need to switch Google accounts—you can do this in the upper-right corner.
- Roku: Go to Roku subscriptions and sign in to your Roku account. Then, find your HBO Max subscription.
- Samsung TV: Go to samsungcheckout.com and sign in to your Samsung account. From the Purchase History menu, choose Subscriptions. Select your HBO Max subscription and then check the Status field for your Next Payment date.
Sign out and back in again
Try signing out and back in again. Here's how:
- Sign out of HBO Max.
- Sign back in to HBO Max.
- Play a show or movie.
Restore your app store purchase
If you subscribed using the HBO Max app on an Apple, Android, a Roku device, or Samsung TV device, try restoring your app store purchase. To find out how, go to Restore an app store subscription.
Link subscription to your account
If you subscribed through a TV, internet, or wireless provider, you may need to link your HBO Max account to your subscription. Here's how:
- Sign in to your account on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- If you're asked to subscribe, choose the already subscribed link at the bottom of the screen. If you don't get this option, try to play something.
- Choose your provider from the list (who you subscribed through).
- Sign in to your provider account.
- We'll look for your subscription and link it to your HBO Max account.
Once your account and subscription are linked, you can sign in (using your HBO Max email and password) and stream on any supported device.