Can't add or change payment info
- Go to HBOMax.com/account and sign in. Can't sign in?
- Choose Edit Payment Method.
If you don't have an Edit Payment Method button, take note of who your subscription is billed through and find them on the Change payment method page.
- Add your payment info and choose Save Changes. If you get an error or can't save your changes, see the next section.
Your updated payment info will be used for your next subscription charge.
Payment error or can't save changes
If your subscription is billed through us (WarnerMedia) and you're getting an error or can't save your payment info, here are some things to know:
Your payment method must...
- Be issued by a U.S.-based bank
- Support recurring online payments (some prepaid cards do not support recurring payments)
- Be one of these cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
If this info doesn't help, here are some things to try:
Verify your payment information
If you're trying to use a debit or credit card, make sure what you're submitting matches what's on your card:
- Name, Card Number, Expiration Date, and Security Code
- ZIP Code and State must match the billing address for your card
Need help? See 'How to change your payment info' above.
More things to try
- Try using a different supported browser: Chrome, FireFox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Try using an incognito or private browser window. Here's how:
- Open a new incognito or private window, then sign in at HBOMax.com/account. Choose Edit Payment Method. Enter your payment information and choose Save Changes.
- Try using a computer instead of your phone or vice versa.
Try using a different payment method. You can use any of the following: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or PayPal.
Contact your bank or financial institution to find out why the payment method might be failing.
If you've contacted your bank and tried the above troubleshooting, please contact us for help.