Change a Google-billed subscription
If you signed up using the HBO Max app an Android device, then your subscription is billed through Google Play.
- To confirm that your subscription is Google-billed, do any of the following:
- Look for this: Your HBO Max subscription is billed through Google Play.
If your subscription is billed through another provider, find them on this page.
- Bank statement: You can also review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. If your subscription charge lists Google, Google Play, or something similar, then your subscription is likely billed through the Google Play app store.
Google-billed subscriptions Q&A
- How do I cancel?
- When will my subscription renew?
- How do I change my payment method?
- How do I see my billing history?
- Why was I charged for a free trial?
- Can I get a refund?
How do I cancel my Google-billed subscription?
Your subscription automatically renews each month until you cancel.
To cancel, follow Google's cancellation steps or the steps below.
Which device would you like to use?
- Open the Play Store app on the device where you subscribed to HBO Max.
- In the upper-left corner, tap the Menu button (three horizontal lines) and then tap Subscriptions (from the menu).
- Tap HBO Max from your list of subscriptions, and then Cancel Subscription.
- Go to Google Play Subscriptions. Make sure you're signed in to the correct Google account (you may need to switch Google accounts - you can do this in the upper-right corner).
- Choose HBO Max from your list of subscriptions.
- Choose Manage and then Cancel Subscription.
You should receive an email from Google Play confirming your cancellation. You can continue streaming until your subscription expires at the end of your billing cycle.
Can't find an HBO Max subscription?
Try these things:
- Make sure you're signed in with the same Google account that purchased your subscription (you may need to switch Google accounts - you can do this in the upper-right corner on your computer or using the Menu button on your phone).
- Go to the Android device where you started your HBO Max subscription to see which Google account you're signed in with. If you can't find the Google account with your HBO Max subscription, contact Google Play Support for help.
When will my subscription renew?
You pay for your subscription in advance of the covered month. To avoid being charged for the next month, cancel your subscription 24 hours before your renewal date.
To find out when your subscription will renew:
- Go to Google Play Subscriptions. Make sure you're signed in to the correct Google account.
- Select HBO Max from your list of subscriptions.
How do I change my payment method?
To find out how to change your payment method, please see Google's Change your payment method article.
How do I see my billing history?
You can review your purchase history in the Google Play app or on the web. To find out how, go to Google's Review your purchase history article.