How do I cancel my subscription or trial?
HBO Max subscriptions are available through many providers and the cancellation steps vary by billing provider. Your billing provider is who you signed up through or who bills you each month.
- HBO Max subscriptions auto renew each month until you cancel.
- Cancel 1-2 days before your next billing cycle starts (this varies by provider).
- If you cancel mid-month you can continue streaming until the end of your monthly billing cycle.
- Deleting the HBO Max app does not cancel your subscription.
Cancel your subscription
- Do either of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Open the HBO Max app, tap the Profile icon, and then the Settings icon (upper-left).
- Computer: Sign in at HBOMax.com, then choose your profile (upper-right).
- Choose Billing Information. Here you can see who your subscription is billed through.
- Choose Learn More (if available) or find your billing provider below:
- Amazon Appstore: See Manage your Appstore subscription.
- Apple App Store: See Change Apple-billed subscription.
- AT&T: Sign in to your myAT&T account at att.com/myatt.
- DIRECTV: Sign in to your myAT&T account at att.com/myatt. To learn more, see Change your DIRECTV service.
- Google Play: See Change Google-billed subscription.
- Hulu: See Hulu cancellation steps.
- Prime Video Channels: See Cancel your Prime Video Channel subscription.
- Samsung TV: See Samsung TV cancellation steps.
- WarnerMedia Direct, LLC: Choose Manage Subscription and then Cancel Subscription. Learn more
- YouTube TV: See YouTube TV cancellation steps.
- Other provider: Sign in to your provider's website and manage your subscription or go to your provider's Help Center.
You can also review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. However, if your subscription is part of a TV package or wireless plan, you may not see an individual charge for HBO Max.
Hulu cancellation steps
- Go to hulu.com/account and sign in to your Hulu account.
- In the Your Subscription section, select Manage Plan (next to Hulu Base Plan).
- Find HBO Max and toggle the checkmark to an X.
- Select Review Changes to confirm.
For more help, go to Hulu's Manage your add-ons article.
Samsung TV cancellation steps
- Go to payon.tv and sign in to your Samsung account.
- From the Purchase History menu, choose Subscriptions.
- Find your HBO Max subscription and then choose Unsubscribe.
To find out how to cancel from your Samsung TV, go to Samsung's Cancel subscription article.
YouTube TV cancellation steps
- Go to tv.youtube.com and sign in to your account.
- Choose your profile picture, then Settings and Membership.
- Choose the checkmark next to HBO Max, then choose Agree.
For more help, go to YouTube TV's Add or remove add-ons article.