How do I change providers?
HBO Max is available from many providers. Your provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max. If you want to switch providers, do the following:
First, find out who your subscription is billed through.
- Open HBO Max or sign in at HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets), and then the Settings icon (upper left). Choose Subscription.
- TV device: Choose your profile (upper left) and then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Subscription.
Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.
- Here you can see who your subscription is billed through (e.g. 'Your HBO Max subscription is billed through...')
Step 1: Turn off auto-renewal
If your HBO Max subscription is active, you'll need to turn off auto-renewal or cancel your subscription. When you do this, take note of when your subscription expires. You can continue streaming until your subscription expires at the end of your billing cycle.
Step 2: Wait for your subscription to expire
Wait until your subscription expires at the end of your monthly billing cycle.
Step 3: Renew through another provider
Once your subscription has expired, renew your subscription through a different provider. To find out how, see How do I renew?