HBO Max billing Q&A
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers:
Paying for HBO Max
- With Ads - $9.99/month or $99.99/year (16% savings)
- Ad-Free - $14.99/month or $149.99/year (16% savings)
Your subscription will automatically renew at the then-current subscription rate plus applicable taxes on a recurring basis unless you cancel before the renewal. Questions? See HBO Max plans.
If you sign up through us at HBOMax.com, you can use any of the following cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Please note that your credit or debit card needs to be U.S. issued and support automatic recurring payments.
To find out how to change your payment method, see Change payment.
HBO Max is currently not offering student discount subscriptions. HBO Max is available through a number of colleges and universities. For a list of colleges, see sign in through a college or university.
If you already have an HBO NOW student subscription, you can sign in to HBO Max using your HBO NOW email and password. You will continue to be billed $9.99/month (plus applicable taxes) as long as you continue to be a qualifying student.
No, at this time we don't have HBO Max gift cards. If you have an HBO NOW gift card, see Redeem an HBO NOW gift card.
HBO Max is available from many providers. Your provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max. To find your billing provider?
- Open HBO Max or sign in to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets), and then the Settings icon (upper left). Choose Subscription.
- TV device:Choose your profile (upper left), then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Subscription. Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles
- Here you can see who your subscription is billed through.
- HBOMax.com/account: Go to HBOMax.com/account and sign in to your account (if you sign in to HBO Max through a provider, use other steps).
- Bank statement: Review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. (If your subscription is part of a TV package or wireless plan, you may not see an individual charge for HBO Max.)
If your subscription doesn't include a free trial, your first charge happens when you start your subscription. You pay for your subscription at the beginning of each billing cycle. Thereafter, your subscription will auto-renew each month or year until you cancel your subscription.
Find your next billing date
- To find out when you'll be billed, do either of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Open HBO Max, tap the Profile icon, and then the Settings icon (upper left).
- TV device: Open HBO Max, tap the Profile icon (upper left) and then choose Account.
- Computer: Sign in at HBOMax.com and choose your profile (upper right).
- Choose Subscription (Subscription is only available with Adult profiles).
- Here you can see your billing provider. Choose Learn more or find your billing provider below:
- WarnerMedia Direct, LLC: Take note of the Next Billing Date or auto-renewal date.
- Amazon Appstore: See What's my next billing date?
- Apple iTunes or App Store: See What's my next billing date?
- Google Play: See When will my subscription renew?
- Roku: See When will my subscription new?
- Other provider: Choose Learn More or find your provider on this page.
HBO Max subscriptions automatically renew each month or year until you cancel. For cancellation steps, see How do I cancel?