How do I cancel HBO Max?
HBO Max subscriptions are available through many providers and the cancellation steps vary by billing provider. Your billing provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max.
- Your HBO Max subscription will auto-renew until you cancel it.
- Cancel 1-2 days before your next billing cycle starts (this varies by provider).
- When you cancel your subscription, you can continue streaming until the end of your billing period.
- Deleting the HBO Max app does not cancel your subscription.
Cancel your subscription
First, find out who your subscription is billed through:
- Open HBO Max or go to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets), then the Settings icon (upper left), and then tap Subscription.
- TV device: Choose your profile (upper left), then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Subscription.
Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles
- Here you can see who your subscription is billed through.
- Choose Learn More (if available) or find your billing provider below:
- Amazon Appstore
- Apple iTunes or App Store
- AT&T: Sign in to your AT&T account at att.com/myatt or use the MyAT&T app.
- Cox: Sign in to your Cox account at cox.com or see Cox's Canceling streaming subscription service article.
- DIRECTV: Sign in to your AT&T account at att.com/myatt. To learn more, see Change your DIRECTV service.
- Google Play
- Optimum: Sign in to your Optimum account at optimum.net/login.
- Prime Video Channels
- Samsung TV
- Spectrum: Sign in to your Spectrum account at spectrum.net or see Spectrum's Change or cancel service article.
- Verizon Fios: Sign in to your Verizon account at verizon.com/home/myverizon or use the My Fios app.
- Xfinity: Sign in to your Xfinity account at my.xfinity.com or visit the Xfinity Help Center.
- WarnerMedia Direct, LLC
- YouTube TV
- Other provider: Sign in to your provider's website and manage your subscription or go to your provider's Help Center.
If you have billing questions, see our Billing Q&A.
Can't sign in and I'd like to cancel
If you can't sign in, review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. Once you know who is billing you, choose them from the list above. However, if your subscription is part of a TV package or wireless plan, you may not see an individual charge for HBO Max.
Prime Video Channels
If you're billed through the Prime Video Channels, you can cancel your subscription via your Amazon account page. Here's how:
- Go to Prime Video Channels and sign in to your Amazon account (if prompted).
- Find HBO Max in the Prime Video Channels section.
- Choose the Cancel Channel option and confirm.
For more help, see Amazon's Cancel your Prime Video Channel subscription article.
If you're billed through Hulu, you can cancel your subscription via your Hulu account page. Here's how:
- Go to hulu.com/account and sign in to your Hulu account.
- In the Your Subscription section, select Manage Plan (next to Hulu Base Plan).
- Find HBO Max and toggle the checkmark to an X.
- Select Review Changes to confirm.
For more help, see Hulu's Manage your add-ons article.
If you're billed through Samsung TV, you can cancel your subscription on your Samsung TV or the web. Here's how:
Cancel on your Samsung TV
The steps vary by TV model. For more info, go to Samsung's Cancel subscription article.
Cancel via samsungcheckout.com
- Go to samsungcheckout.com and sign in to your Samsung account.
- From the Purchase History menu, choose Subscriptions.
- Find your HBO Max subscription and then choose Unsubscribe.
If you're billed through YouTube TV, you can cancel your subscription on the web. Here's how:
- Go to tv.youtube.com and sign in to your account.
- Choose your profile picture, then Settings and Membership.
- Choose the checkmark next to HBO Max.
- Choose Agree to finish.
For more help, see YouTube TV's Add or remove networks article.