How do I change the language?
Right now the HBO Max app language is English. We'll be adding additional languages in the future, so stay tuned.
Once we add more languages, here's how you'll change the language:
- Open the HBO Max app and switch to your profile.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets) and then the Settings icon (upper left). Choose Display Language.
- Playstation or Roku: Choose the Settings icon (lower left), and then choose Edit Display Language (on the My Profile tab).
- Other TV device: Choose your profile icon (upper-left corner) and then choose Change Language (on the My Profile tab).
- Computer: Choose your profile icon (upper right) and then choose Display Language.
- Choose the language you'd like. Right now the only language available is English. Your display language setting is saved with your profile and will be used across all devices.
Here's how HBO Max uses your display language when you play a show or movie:
- Shows and movies on HBO Max automatically play with the original audio track and subtitles that match your display language (which is currently English).
If you want to change the audio or subtitle language, start watching something and then choose the Audio and Subtitles button (speech bubble) in the video player. Here you can choose an audio and subtitle language. To learn more, see Subtitles, captions, and alternate audio.