Change your email or password
Mistyped account email or no longer have access
If you no longer have access to the email associated with your account or you mistyped your email when you created your account, please contact us via phone or chat.
Change your name, email, or password
Here's how to change your account info:
- Do one of the following:
- Choose Account (Account is only available with Adult profiles). If the Password field says 'Add a Password,' then you're signed in through your TV, internet, or wireless provider account. To change your provider account password, refer to your provider's sign-in page or Help Center.
- Select the Edit icon next to the field you want to change. We'll send you an email with a verification code to your account email address (the one that appears on the Check Your Email Inbox screen). The email subject line is 'Here's Your One-Time Code.'
- Keep HBO Max open while you check your email.
- Open the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email and find the 6-character code. Didn't get the email?
- Go back to HBO Max, enter the 6-character verification code, and choose Continue.
Expired or Invalid CodeIf the code expires or you get an error, select Get a New Code and try these steps again. Still getting an error? Contact us via phone or chat.
- Change your account information and choose Save.
Note If you change your email address, we'll send you an email to verify the change. Open this email and choose Verify Email. Then, you should see a 'You're All Set' page.
Didn't get the email?
If you didn't get the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email, try these steps:
- The 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email is sent to the address that appears on the Check Your Email Inbox screen.
- Search all of your inbox folders for an email from HBO Max (including your Promotions and Spam folder).
- Choose Get a New Code on the Check Your Email Inbox screen, then check your email again.
If these steps don't help or you don’t have access to your account email, please contact us via phone or chat.