Change your email or password
Here's how to change your account info (name, email, or password):
- Do one of the following:
- Find or choose Account (Account is only available with Adult profiles).
If the Password field says 'Add a Password,' then you're signed in through your TV, internet, or wireless provider account. To change your provider account password, refer to your provider's sign-in page or Help Center.
- Select the Edit icon next to the field you want to change. We'll send you an email with a verification code to your account email address. The email subject line is 'Here's Your One-Time Code.'
- Keep HBO Max open while you check your email.
- Open the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email and find the 6-character code. If you didn't get this email, see the Troubleshooting section below.
- Go back to HBO Max, enter the 6-character verification code, and choose Continue.
- Change your account information and choose Save.
Note If you change your email address, we'll send an email to your new account email address. Open this email and choose Verify Email. Then, you should see a 'You're All Set' page.
If you didn't get the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email, try these things:
- If you're signed in, check your account email address. To do this, go to Settings and find or choose Account. If there's a typo in your account email address, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
- Search all of your inbox folders for an email from HBO Max (including your Promotions and Spam folder).
If this didn't help, please contact us via phone or chat.
If you mistyped your email when you created your account or you no longer have access to your account email address, you own't be able to change your email or password. In this case, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
Try private browsing. To do this, open a private or incognito browser window, then go to HBOMax.com and try the steps above again. To find out how to open a private or incognito window, search the Internet for 'private window' + the name of your browser (e.g. 'private window Chrome').
If the code still doesn’t work in a private browser window, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
If your updated email address won't save, this may mean there's an account with the email address you entered. Please enter a different email address.