Which devices work with HBO Max?
The following devices are supported by HBO Max.
Choose a device type
The following phones and tablets are supported:
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (with iOS 12.2 or later)
- Android phone and tablets (with Android OS 5 or later)
- Amazon Fire tablets (4th generation and later)
The following computers and browsers are supported:
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- Mac with macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebooks with Chrome browser version 78 or later
The following browsers are supported:
- The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
- The latest version of Microsoft Edge for Windows
- Safari version 12 or later
The following TV devices are supported:
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest tvOS software
- LG Smart TV with webOS 4.0 or later
For a list of supported LG Smart TV models, go to HBO Max on LG Smart TV and choose Device Compatibility. Then, sign in with your LG User ID to see if your TV is compatible.
Press the Home or V button on your remote, select Apps, and then select HBO Max. Now you can sign in and start streaming. Or, if you need to sign up, see How do I sign up?
Other ways to stream on your TV
If you don't have one of the devices listed above, here are some other ways to stream on your TV: