Browsing and searching HBO Max
Here's some tips and tricks for browsing and searching.
If you're not sure what you want to watch, open the Browse menu:
- TV: Scroll left and choose the Browse icon (along the left edge).
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose the Menu icon (upper-left).
Here you can browse Originals, what's new (Just Added), what's leaving soon (Last Chance), what's coming soon, and also browse by genre (e.g. Action or Comedy). Once you choose a genre, you can narrow your results by choosing from the horizontal menu (e.g. Featured, Just Added). For example, from the Browse menu you can choose Comedy and then Series to see all comedic series.
Kid profile: If the active profile is a Kid profile, you can browse by age group (e.g. Ages 10-12), Just Added, Animation, or browse by Characters.
Looking for a particular show or movie? If you know what you want to watch, you can use Search. Choose the Search icon and then type any of the following:
- a series name
- a movie title
- an episode title
- an actor or actress
- a producer, director, or writer
- a character
- a brand (e.g. Cartoon Network, Crunchyroll, Warner Bros)
- a genre (e.g. comedy)
As you type, you'll start to see the most relevant or popular results.
If a Kid profile has parental controls set, the search results will only include shows and movies that the profile is allowed to watch.
Alexa on Fire TV devices
You can use Alexa to find shows and movies on Amazon Fire TV devices. For example, to find The Flight Attendant say:
- Alexa, find The Flight Attendant
For a list of voice commands, see Use Alexa Commands on your Fire TV.
You can use speech-to-text to search for shows or movies on your Apple TV. Here's how:
- Open HBO Max on your Apple TV and choose the Search icon (along the left edge).
- Press and hold the microphone on your remote.
- Say the name of a show or movie.
For more info, see Use Siri dictation on Apple TV.