I have HBO (HBO NOW). Do I get HBO Max?
- Install the HBO Max app on a supported device.
- Sign in using your account email and password (use these Sign-in steps).
- Choose your profile and you're ready to stream.
HBO (HBO NOW) providers that support HBO Max
- HBO website (HBONOW.com)
- App stores: Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Roku, Samsung TV
- Internet providers: Consolidated Communications, Liberty, North State, Optimum, Service Electric Cablevision, Verizon Fios, and Ziply Fiber
If your provider isn't listed above, you'll see a 'Currently Unavailable' message when you sign in. If this happens, please see Currently Unavailable.
HBO NOW gift cards
You can redeem your HBO NOW gift card at HBONOW.com/gift and then sign in to HBO Max with your account email and password. To learn more, see Redeem HBO NOW gift card for HBO Max?
HBO NOW student subscription
If you already have an HBO NOW student subscription, you can sign in to HBO Max. You will continue to be billed $9.99/month (plus applicable taxes) as long as you continue to be a qualifying student.
Note If we can't collect payment for your subscription, we'll send you an email letting you know that payment was unsuccessful and your subscription will be canceled.
We periodically confirm your student enrollment status which is required for the student discount rate. If we can't verify your student status, we'll send you an email just before your student subscription expires. Once your subscription expires, you'll be prompted to subscribe at the standard subscription price. See How much does HBO Max cost?
HBO Max is currently not offering student discount subscriptions. HBO Max is available through a number of colleges and universities. For a list of colleges, see Sign in through a college or university.