Change an HBO Max subscription
HBO Max subscriptions are available through many providers. The steps for changing your subscription vary depending on who bills you for your HBO Max subscription.
To find out who bills you:
- Open HBO Max or sign in to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets) and then the Settings icon (upper left). Choose Subscription.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon (lower left), then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Subscription.
Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.
- Here you can see who bills you for your subscription.
Other ways to find your billing provider:
- HBOMax.com/account: Sign in at HBOMax.com/account.
- Bank statement: Review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. However, if your subscription is part of a TV package or wireless plan, you may not see an individual charge for HBO Max.
Once you know who bills you, you can:
Change your subscription
If you're billed through us (WarnerMedia), see Change a WarnerMedia-billed subscription.
Find your billing provider below to learn more:
TV, internet, and wireless providers
- AT&T: Sign in to your AT&T account at att.com/my or use the MyAT&T app.
- Cricket Wireless: Your HBO Max with Ads subscription is included with your Cricket Wireless Unlimited plan. To learn more, see Sign in through Cricket Wireless.
- Cox: Sign in at cox.com or visit the Cox Help Center.
- DIRECTV: See DirectTV's Remove premium channels article.
- DISH: Sign in to your MyDISH account at my.dish.com or see DISH’s Manage Your Programming article.
- Hulu: Sign in to your Hulu account at hulu.com/account or see Hulu's Manage add-ons article.
- Optimum: Sign in to optimum.net/login or call 866-213-8225.
- Spectrum: See Change or cancel services through Spectrum.
- Verizon Fios: Sign in to your Verizon account at My Verizon or the My Fios app.
- Xfinity: Sign in to your account at my.xfinity.com or visit the Xfinity Help Center.
- YouTube TV: Sign in to your Google account at tv.youtube.com or see YouTube's Add or remove add-on networks article.
- Other provider: Go to your provider's website and sign in to your account or visit your provider's Help Center.
Have a billing question? See our Billing Q&A.
Can't sign in?
Try the following:
- Reset your password
- Sign in on another device
If this doesn't help, see Can't sign in.