Continue watching where you left off
When you start watching something, HBO Max keeps track of your progress. Movies and shows that you haven't finished watching are automatically added to Continue Watching. Each profile has its own Continue Watching list. This way you can easily continue watching a movie or series.
How do I continue watching something?
- Find the Continue Watching row on the Home screen (make sure you're signed in).
- Choose what you want to watch and it will start playing where you left off.
You can also choose your profile and then select Continue Watching.
How do I switch episodes?
First, choose an episode from Continue Watching and then:
- Xbox: Press the A button to bring up the playback menu, then move down and choose More Episodes.
- Other TV device: Press the Back button on your remote (Menu button for Apple TV), and then scroll down to choose a different season or episode.
- Phone, tablet, computer: Choose More Episodes and then scroll down to choose a different season or episode.
Can't find something on Continue Watching?
You can still start watching where you left off from a series page. Here's how:
- Do one of the following:
- TV device: On the Home screen, scroll left and choose the Series icon .
- Phone or tablet: Choose the Series icon .
- Computer: Choose Series (upper left).
- Choose the Search icon and type the series name.
- Choose the series you're watching.
Your next episode appears at the top of the screen. Scroll down for additional episodes and seasons. Episodes that you've already watched have a progress bar.
How do I remove items?
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), then Continue Watching, and then swipe left on the item you want to remove, then tap X. To remove multiple items, tap the Edit icon . Tap the X next to the item you want to remove, or Clear All to remove everything. When you're done editing, tap Done.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then My Stuff > Continue Watching > Edit. Click the X on items you want to remove or choose Clear All to remove everything. When you're done editing, choose Done.
- TV device: Choose your profile (upper left), then Continue Watching, and then choose Edit. Select the items(s) you want to remove, or Clear All to remove everything.
See also: Create a list of what you want to watch
HBO GO Settings
Your HBO GO settings, such as your Watchlist and recently watched list, will not be available in HBO Max.