Service Error. What should I do?
If you're getting a service error code or oops message, here are some things to try:
- Phone, tablet or TV device: Force close HBO Max, then reopen the app and try to stream.
- Computer: Close and reopen your browser, then go back to HBOMax.com and try to stream.
Try streaming different shows and movies to see if the problem happens with any show or movie, or only a particular show or movie. If the error only happens with a particular show or movie, please contact us and let us know.
Make sure you have the latest version of the HBO Max app. To do this open the app store on your device, search for HBO Max, and see if there's an update available. If there's an app update, download it and try streaming again.
Roku: On your Roku, highlight the HBO Max channel and press the Star button (*). Choose Check for updates to download any app updates, then try streaming again.
Computer: Go to HBOMax.com and do a hard refresh for the page (this is not the same as the Reload button in your browser). To find out how to do this, search the Internet for 'hard refresh' + the name of your browser (e.g. 'hard refresh Chrome').
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the Internet (about 1 minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet.
- Open HBO Max and try streaming again.
If these things don't help, take note of the on-screen error message or code and include it when you contact us.