Watch HBO Max while traveling
When you travel to another country or region where HBO Max is available (see Where is HBO Max available?), the selection of shows and movies that you can stream will change. Your home country is the country where you signed up for HBO Max.
Here's what happens when you travel to another country or region where HBO Max is available:
- Shows and movies: What's available to stream on HBO Max varies by country or region. This means, the selection of shows and movies will change based on your physical location. As a result, you may not be able to stream some titles on your Continue Watching and My List when you're outside your home country.
- Ratings: Content ratings are based on your physical location. If you travel to a country with a different content rating system (United States or Brazil), the parental controls that you set are applied, however, shows and movies may be rated differently.
- Downloads: You can play shows and movies that you've already downloaded on your phone or tablet.
If you travel to a country where HBO Max is not available:
- You'll get an HBO Max isn't available message and you won't be able to stream or access your account. You can, however, still play shows and movies that you've already downloaded (you need to already be signed in to do this).
Before you travel
- Download shows and movies (up to 30).
- Make sure you're signed in to HBO Max on the phone or tablet with the downloads.
This way, you can watch your downloads when you travel to any country or region.
With Ads Plan (US subscribers)
If you have the With Ads plan, you can't stream HBO Max outside of the United States.