How do I change the language?
By default, the HBO Max app uses the same language that you're using on your device. However, you can change this if you'd like.
- Open the HBO Max app and switch to your profile.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), the Settings icon , then tap or scroll to Display Language.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon , and then choose Edit Display Language (on the My Profile tab).
- Computer: Choose your profile icon (upper right), and then Settings > Display Language > Change Language.
- HBO Max will change to the language you selected. Your display language setting is saved with your profile and will be used across all devices.
Here's how HBO Max uses your display language when you play a show or movie:
- Shows and movies on HBO Max automatically play with the original audio track and subtitles that match your display language.
If you want to change the audio or subtitle language, start watching a show or movie and then choose the Audio and Subtitles button . To learn more about this, see Subtitles, captions, and audio.