Asked to subscribe or renew when already subscribed
If you're asked to subscribe or renew, first make sure you're signed in (next section).
Are you signed in?
Here's how to find out. If you're signed in...
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets) and you'll see your profile.
- Computer: Your profile appears in the upper-right corner.
- TV: Your profile appears in the upper-left corner.
If you're not signed in, go ahead and sign in. If you're asked to subscribe or renew when you already have a subscription, see the next section.
Step 1: Which account are you signed in with?
Make sure you're signed in with the account that has your HBO Max subscription. To see which account you're signed in with:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon, choose the Settings icon (upper-left), and then choose Account.
- LG TV, PlayStation, or Roku: Choose the Settings icon (lower left), then scroll right and choose Sign Out.
- Other TV device: Choose your profile (upper left), then scroll right and choose Sign Out.
- Computer: Choose your profile in the upper-right and then choose Account.
Step 2: Restore or link your subscription
How did you subscribe to HBO Max?
- Through an app store (see next section)
- Through the Roku Channel Store
- Through a TV, internet, or mobile provider
Restore your app store purchase
If you signed up using the HBO Max app on an Apple, Android, or Samsung TV device, try restoring your app store purchase. Here's how:
- Open the HBO Max app on the device where you started your subscription (phone, tablet, or TV).
- Play a show or movie.
- If you're not signed in, choose the sign-in option and sign in to your account. If you can't sign in, see Restore purchase.
- Asked to subscribe or renew? Choose Restore Purchase.
If we find an active HBO Max subscription in the app store, we'll restore it. If we don't find a subscription, see Can't Verify Your Subscription.
Subscribed through Roku
If you have an active HBO Max subscription through Roku, do the following:
- Make sure you're signed in with the account that has your HBO Max subscription. To see which account you're signed in with:
- Open HBO Max on your Roku device, then choose the Settings icon in the lower-left corner. Choose Account. Here you can see the email address you're signed in with. If you want to switch to another account, scroll to the right and choose Sign Out, and then sign in to your other account.
- Check the status of your subscription. To do this, go to my.roku.com and sign in, then choose Manage your subscriptions (under Manage Account).
- If you don't have an HBO Max subscription, make sure you're signed in with the Roku Account that purchased your subscription.
- If you have an HBO Max subscription, make sure you're signed in on your Roku with the Roku account that has your HBO Max subscription.
Link your subscription to your account
You can link your HBO Max account to your HBO Max subscription through a TV, internet, or mobile provider. Here's how:
- Sign in to HBO Max on your phone, tablet, or computer (if you're already signed in, sign out before completing these steps):
- Phone or tablet: Open the HBO Max app, tap the Profile icon, and then tap Sign in to your account.
- Computer: Go to HBOMax.com and choose Sign In (upper-right corner).
- Enter your account email and password and choose Sign In. Can't sign in?
- If you're asked to subscribe, choose the already subscribed link at the bottom of the screen. If you don't get this option, try to play something or try signing in on a computer at HBOMax.com.
- Choose your provider from the list (who your subscription is billed through).
- Sign in to your provider account.
We'll look for your subscription and link it to your HBO Max account.