Can't sign in with a provider
If this is your first time signing in and you get HBO Max through a TV, internet, or wireless provider, you need to follow the Sign in with a TV provider steps.
If you can't sign in through your TV, internet, or mobile provider, try these steps:
Step 1: Sign in to your provider's website
If you get HBO Max with your TV package, internet service, or wireless plan, make sure you can sign in to your provider account.
Go to your TV, internet, or wireless provider's website and sign in with your provider account username and password. If you don't know your sign-in information, look for a help or reset password link on your provider's sign-in screen.
If you can't sign in to your provider account, please contact your provider for help. HBO Max Support doesn't have access to your provider sign-in information.
Step 2: Can't verify your subscription?
If you're getting a 'Can't verify your subscription' message, find your provider below:
- TV provider: Make sure your TV package includes HBO Max. To do this, sign in to your provider account (on your provider's website) and make sure HBO Max is included.
- Subaccount? If your TV provider account is a subaccount, you need to sign in to HBO Max using your primary TV provider account. Once you're signed in, you can create profiles for members of your household.
Step 3: Try device troubleshooting
If you can sign to your provider's website (Step 1), choose the device you can't sign in on:
If you can't sign in on your iOS device, try the following:
Use another browser or try clearing your browsing data. Here's how:
- Safari: On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari, then scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data. To learn more, go to Clear Safari.
- Chrome: Try clearing your Chrome browsing data. To find out how to do this, see Clear cache & cookies.
Then, open HBO Max and try signing in again.
If you can't sign in on your Android phone or tablet, try the following:
Clear the app cache and data, then uninstall and reinstall. Here's how:
- On your Android device, go to Settings (or on older Android versions, go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager and find HBO Max).
- Tap Search and type HBO Max.
- Tap HBO Max (App Info) from the search results.
- Tap Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear Storage (and confirm deletion), then Clear cache.
- Tap back and then tap Uninstall.
- Open the Play Store and search for HBO Max.
- Once found, select it and tap Install.
- Open HBO Max and sign in through your provider.
If you still can't sign in, try the next solution.
Use another browser or try clearing your Chrome browsing data on your Android device. To find out how to do this, see Clear cache & cookies. Then, open HBO Max and try signing in again.
If you can't sign in on your TV device, try the following:
Make sure you can sign in to HBO Max on another device. For example, try signing in on your computer (at HBOMax.com), or the HBO Max app on your phone or tablet (iOS or Android).
If you're having trouble with the code from your TV, please see Code not working.
If you still can't sign in on your TV, delete and reinstall the HBO Max app on your TV. Once reinstalled, open HBO Max and try signing in again.
Here are a few things to try:
- Make sure you're using a supported browser.
- Check to see if there's an update available for your browser. To find out how to do this, search the internet for update + the name of your browser (i.e. update Chrome).
Try using another supported browser. This will help determine if the issue is limited to a particular browser. Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.
- Clear your browser's cookies for HBOMax.com. To find out how to do this, search your browser's help for 'cookies.'
- Close and reopen your browser.
- Go to HBOMax.com and try signing in again.