Streaming on too many devices
You can sign in to HBO Max on different devices, but the number of simultaneous streams is limited for security reasons.
The Netherlands: If you have the Basic plan, you can stream on 1 device at a time. The Standard plan supports streaming on 3 devices at the same time. For more info, see Standard and Basic plans.
What to do
If you're getting a streaming on too many devices message, do the following:
- Sign in to HBO Max on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon and then the Settings icon (upper left).
- Computer: In the upper-right corner, choose your profile icon.
- Choose Manage Devices. A list of devices that you've recently used appears under Other Devices.
ImportantIf you don't recognize a device, see Stop someone from using your account.
- Take note of all devices with a recent Last Used time.
- To start streaming on another device, you'll need to stop streaming on a device that has been used recently. If you stop streaming on a device, you may need to wait a few minutes before you can start streaming on another device.
You can choose to sign out of one or more devices. To learn more, see Sign out of another device.
Your account email and password should not be shared with anyone outside your household. If you suspect that your account is being used without your permission, please see Stop someone from using your account.