Fix HBO Max subscription issues
If you have an HBO Max subscription and can't stream or are prompted to subscribe, here are some things to try.
Make sure your HBO Max subscription is active. Here's how:
- Open HBO Max or sign in to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), the Settings icon , and then tap or scroll to Subscription.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon , then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Settings, and find Subscription.
(Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.)
- Here you'll find who your subscription is billed through.
- Make sure your subscription hasn't expired. Here's how:
- HBO Europe, s.r.o. or HBO Nordic AB: If your subscription is active, you'll see the next billing date.
- Apple: Open the Settings app on your iOS device and tap your name. Then, tap Subscriptions and find HBO Max in your list of subscriptions.
- Google Play: Go to Google Play Subscriptions and find HBO Max in your list of subscriptions. You may need to switch Google accounts—you can do this in the upper-right corner.
- Samsung TV: Go to samsungcheckout.com and sign in to your Samsung account. From the Purchase History menu, choose Subscriptions. Select your HBO Max subscription and then check the Status field for your Next Payment date.
- KPN: Sign in to your KPN account at MijnKPN to check the status of your HBO Max subscription. If you need help doing this, contact KPN.
If you subscribed using the HBO Max app on an Apple, Android, or Samsung TV device, try restoring your app store purchase. To find out how, see Restore an app store subscription.