HBO Max Standard and Mobile plans
- What plans are available?
- Which providers offer plans?
- I already have a subscription. Can I switch plans?
- Which plan do I have?
What plans are available?
HBO Max subscriptions are available through many providers (your provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max). Depending on how you sign up, you can choose a subscription plan (Standard or Mobile) and a billing period. To sign up, see How do I get HBO Max? Here are the plans:
- Watch in HD, with select movies in 4K UHD
- Stream on up to 3 screens (phone, tablet, TV, or computer)
- Download up to 30 titles
- Stream on your phone or tablet (casting to your TV is not supported)
- Watch in SD
- Download up to 5 titles
Plan pricing varies by region. See HBOMax.com for pricing info.
What's the same?
Both plans have the same great content:
- All of your HBO favorites
- Unlimited content
- Thousands of hours of series, movies, and new exclusive programming (Max Originals)
- A robust selection of acquired series and movies
Which providers offer plans?
When you sign up at HBOMax.com or through Apple or Google, you can choose your plan (Standard or Mobile) and your billing period (1, 3, or 12 months). Roku and Samsung TV offer the Standard plan with two billing periods: 1 and 12 months.
To find out how to sign up, choose a provider below:
TV, internet, and wireless providers
Many TV, internet, and wireless providers offer HBO Max (Standard plan). To find out if yours does, see HBO Max providers.
I already have a subscription. Can I switch plans?
Depending on your provider, you may be able to switch your subscription plan. To find out which plan you have and how to switch plans, see How do I switch plans?
Which plan do I have?
If you already subscribe to HBO Max, here's how to find out which subscription plan you have:
- Open HBO Max or sign in to HBOMax.com on your computer. Can’t sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets), then the Settings icon (upper left), and then tap Subscription.
- PlayStation or Roku: Choose the Settings icon (lower left) and then choose Account.
- Other TV device: Choose your profile (upper left) and then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right) and then Subscription. (Subscription information is only available for Adult profiles).
- Here you can see your current plan: Standard or Mobile.