Why was I charged after I canceled?
If you see a subscription charge after you cancel your HBO Max subscription, it may be because…
- You canceled just before your auto-renewal date
- Your subscription is still active
- You have more than one subscription
You canceled just before your auto-renewal date
You may have canceled your subscription less than 24 hours before your next billing date. Some providers will charge you 1 or 2 days before your next billing cycle starts (the timing of this charge varies by billing provider).
Your subscription is still active
If you see a subscription charge after canceling, your subscription might still be active. Check to see if your subscription has an expiration date and/or a canceled status.
To check the status of your subscription, find your billing provider below:
- Apple: Follow Apple's cancellation steps. If your HBO Max subscription has been canceled, there will be a subscription end date (and there won't be a cancel option).
- Google Play: Go to Google's Subscriptions page and sign in to the Google account with your HBO Max subscription. If your subscription has been canceled, there will be an option to Restart or Renew. See also: Google's cancellation steps.
- Roku: Sign in to your Roku account at my.roku.com. Choose Manage your subscriptions. Here you can see if your HBO Max subscription is still active. See also: Roku's cancellation steps.
- Samsung: Sign in to your Samsung account at samsungcheckout.com and then from the Purchase History menu, choose Subscriptions. Find HBO Max and choose Unsubscribe (if available). See also: Samsung's cancellation steps.
- WarnerMedia Direct Latin America, LLC: Sign in at HBOMax.com/account. Go to your Profile, choose Subscription and then Manage Subscription. If your subscription has been canceled, but hasn't expired you'll see the option to resume your subscription (if your subscription has expired, you'll be prompted to subscribe). Need help? See Manage WarnerMedia subscription.
- TV or wireless provider: Sign in to your TV or mobile provider account to check the status of your HBO Max subscription. If you need help doing this, contact your provider.
If you're not sure who your billing provider is (or they aren't listed above), see How do I cancel?
You have more than one subscription
You might have multiple HBO Max accounts.
To find multiple accounts...
To see if you have more than one account, do the following:
- Open HBO Max on each device that you use (phone, tablet, TV, computer).
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), the Settings icon , and then find or tap Account.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon (lower left) and then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Settings, and find Account.
- Take note of your account email address.
Signed in with multiple email addresses?
If you find more than one email address, then you have multiple HBO Max accounts. To fix this, for each account go to Settings to find out who's billing you (see Who's billing me?).
Once you know who's billing you, you can decide which subscription you want to cancel (see How do I cancel?).
Don't find more than one account?
If you're signed in with the same account on all devices and you're seeing multiple charges each month, please contact us.
When you contact us, be sure to have the following info handy:
- Your HBO Max email address
- Info about charges on your credit or debit card