Max is coming in February
HBO Max will become Max on February 27, 2024.
Here's what you need to know:
Max is the entertainment destination that brings stories for every moment, every emotion, and every member of the family. Max includes all the programming that you love from HBO Max along with the best real-life shows from your favorite TV brands.
Find out what's coming at max.com.
Max combines the worlds of HBO and the DC Universe, plus hit movies, original series and fan-favorite genres like novelas, true crime, reality, food, and comedy.
Max will include:
- All of HBO Max: HBO original series, Max Originals, and select series and movies from Warner Bros., the DC Universe, Cartoon Network, Looney Tunes, Adult Swim, and more.
- Iconic brands and beloved franchises: The best real-life shows from your favorite TV brands: Home & Health, ID, Discovery, Discovery Kids, and more.
Max will have something for everyone—fan-favorite series like Friends and The Big Bang Theory, the HBO Original series Game of Thrones and The Last of Us, and iconic real-life formats like 90 Day Fiancé, Naked & Afraid, and Fixer Upper.
As well as plenty of hit movies, indie favorites, and critically-acclaimed documentaries.
Changes we're making:
- Smarter and personalized recommendations
- Improved performance
- Easier to sign in and use
- Profile PIN for Adult profiles
- New hubs, including genres
If you subscribe to HBO Max through an app store or directly through us (at HBOMax.com), there won't be any changes to your subscription price at this time.
If you have the HBO Max 50% off launch offer billed through us, you’ll keep this promotion for as long as you comply with the terms and conditions of the promotion.
If you subscribe through an internet, mobile, or TV provider, your provider will let you know of any price changes.
If you're a current HBO Max subscriber, here's what will happen to your HBO Max plan:
- Standard plan: No changes. You'll keep your existing HBO Max plan features for a limited period of time after Max launches.
- Mobile plan: Your HBO Max Mobile plan will change to the Max Standard plan and your price will remain the same for a limited period of time after Max launches. With the Standard plan you can stream in Full HD on 2 devices at once and have up to 30 offline downloads.
Additionally, we are introducing 2 new Max plans:
- Basic with ads:
- Stream on 2 devices at the same time
- Full HD 1080 resolution + Dolby Digital 5.1
- Watch with limited ads
- Stream on 4 devices at the same time
- Stream in 4K UHD and Dolby Atmos (as available)
- Up to 100 offline downloads
Full HD, 4K Ultra UHD, and Dolby Atmos are not available for all content within each plan. Live content in Standard and Platinum plans may contain ads. Downloads may include restrictions in some content categories.
Max prices vary by provider and plan. For more info about pricing, go to max.com.
When Max is available on February 27th, the Max app will replace HBO Max in app stores. On devices where you have HBO Max installed, go to the app store on your device, search for Max, and choose the download option. Then, you can delete the HBO Max app from your device.
Our Max app will have the HBO Max movies and series that you already love, plus an expanded catalog with favorites from the Warner Bros. Discovery extensive family of brands and beloved franchises.
Watch your email in the coming weeks for more info about Max.
Max will be available on phones, tablets, computers, TVs, streaming players, set-top boxes, and game consoles.
We anticipate that Max will be available on the same devices as HBO Max.
Yes. Your profiles, watch history, and your HBO Max settings will be available in Max. Once Max is available, you will need to redownload your shows and movies on Max.
Customized profile pictures aren't available on Max at this time.
Get a guided walkthrough of Max.