Stop unwanted use of your account
If you think someone might have access to your HBO Max account without your permission, change your password and sign out of all devices.
Can't Access Account Email?
To change your password, you need access to the email address associated with your account. If you don't have access to this email, please contact us via phone or chat for help.
Step 1: Change your password
Here's how to change your password:
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right) and then the Settings icon .
- Computer: Sign in at HBOMax.com, choose your profile (upper right), and then choose Settings. Need help signing in?
- TV device: You can't change your password on your TV.
- Choose Account (Account is only available with Adult profiles).
- Select the Edit icon next to the field you want to change. We'll send you an email with a verification code to your account email address (the one that appears on the Check Your Email Inbox screen). The email subject line is 'Here's Your One-Time Code.'
- Keep HBO Max open while you check your email.
- Open the 'Here's Your One-Time Code' email and find the 6-character code. Didn't get the email?
- Go back to HBO Max, enter the 6-character verification code, and choose Continue.
Expired or Invalid CodeIf the code expires or you get an error, select Get a New Code and try these steps again. Still getting an error? Contact us via phone or chat.
- Change your password and choose Save.
Step 2: Sign out of all devices
Next, sign out of all devices. Here's how:
- Tap your profile (upper right) and then the Settings icon .
- Tap or scroll to Devices. Tap Manage Devices (if available).
(Only Adult profiles can manage devices.)
- Tap Sign All Devices Out.
- Choose your profile (upper right), choose Settings, and scroll down to Devices.
- Choose Manage Devices.
- Choose Sign All Devices Out.
You're signed out and returned to the Home screen. Now sign back in using your new password from Step 1.
It can take up to 4 hours to sign your account out of all devices. If someone in your household is streaming a show or movie, they won't be signed out of HBO Max until the end of their show or movie.