Max is coming in May
HBO Max will become Max on May 23, 2023.
Here's what you need to know:
Max brings all the programming that you love from HBO Max together with favorites from Discovery TV brands: HGTV, the Food Network, TLC, Magnolia Network, and more – all for the same great price.
Find out what's coming at Max.com.
Max combines the worlds of HBO and the DC Universe, plus hit movies, original series and fan-favorite genres like true crime, reality, food, and comedy.
Max will include:
- All of HBO Max: HBO series and movies, Max Originals, and select series and movies from Warner Bros., the DC Universe, Cartoon Network, the Turner Library, Looney Tunes, Adult Swim, and more.
- Discovery favorites: The best real-life shows from your favorite TV brands: HGTV, the Food Network, TLC, ID, Magnolia Network, Discovery, and more.
Max will have something for everyone—popular series like Friends, the HBO Original series Game of Thrones, 90 Day Fiancé, Rick and Morty, The Big Bang Theory, Deadliest Catch, and Fixer Upper.
As well as plenty of hit movies, indie favorites, and critically-acclaimed documentaries.
Changes we're making:
- Smarter recommendations
- Improved performance
- Easier to sign in and use
- Profile PIN for Adult profiles
- New hubs, including genres
Max will be available on phones, tablets, computers, TVs, streaming players, set-top boxes, and game consoles.
We anticipate that Max will be available on the same devices as HBO Max.
You don't need to do anything. On May 23rd, the HBO Max app will become Max. If you have HBO Max installed, here's what will happen on your devices:
- Amazon, Cox, Roku, VIZIO TV, and Xfinity*:
HBO Max will automatically update to Max.
- Android, Apple, DIRECTV, LG TV, PlayStation, Samsung TV, and Xbox*:
When you open HBO Max, you'll be prompted to download the Max app.
Either way, HBO Max will become Max. Our Max app will have the HBO Max movies and series that you already love, plus an expanded catalog with favorites from Discovery.
Watch your email in the coming weeks for more info about Max.
*Devices are subject to change.
If you subscribe to HBO Max through an app store or directly through us (at HBOMax.com), there won't be any changes to your subscription price at this time. The Max plan prices are the same as HBO Max:
- With Ads: $9.99/month or $99.99/year (16% savings)
- Ad-Free: $15.99/month or $149.99/year (over 20% savings)
If you subscribe through a TV, mobile, or wireless provider, your provider will let you know of any price or plan changes.
Additionally, we are introducing a new plan tier.
- Ultimate Ad-Free: $19.99/month or $199.99/year (over 16% savings)
- Stream in 4K UHD and Dolby Atmos (as available)
- Stream on 4 devices at once
- Up to 100 offline downloads across devices
*Ultimate Ad-Free downloads may include restrictions in certain content categories
Current HBO Max subscribers will keep their existing HBO Max plan features for at least 6 months after Max launches.
Yes. Your profiles, watch history, and your HBO Max settings will be available in Max. Once Max is available, you will need to redownload your shows and movies on Max.
When Max is available on May 23rd, HBO Max subscribers can stream all of HBO Max together with a selection of Discovery favorites on Max.
discovery+ will continue as a stand-alone service.
Get a guided walkthrough of Max.