Can't add or change payment info
Change your payment info
If your subscription is billed through us (WarnerMedia), you can change your payment information on the Account page. Here's how:
- Go to HBOMax.com/account and sign in to your HBO Max account. Can't sign in? Try resetting your password.
- Choose Edit Payment Method. If you don't have this option, take note of who your subscription is billed through and find them on the Change my payment method page.
- Add your payment info and choose Save Changes. If you get a payment error or can't save your changes, see the next section.
Your updated payment info will be used for your next subscription charge.
Payment error or can't save changes
If your subscription is billed through us (WarnerMedia) and you're getting a payment error or can't save your payment info, here are some things to know:
Your card must...
- Be issued by a U.S.-based bank
- Support recurring payments (some prepaid cards do not support recurring payments)
- Support online payments
- Be one of these cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
If this info doesn't help, here are some things to try:
Step 1: Verify your payment information
- Make sure what you’re submitting matches what's on your card: Name, Card Number, Expiration Date, and Security Code (use the Change payment steps above).
- Make sure the ZIP Code and State match the billing address for your card.
Step 2: Troubleshoot your browser
- Try using a different supported browser: Chrome, FireFox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Try using an incognito or private browser window. Here's how:
- Open a new incognito or private window, then sign in at HBOMax.com/account. Choose Edit Payment Method. Enter your payment information and choose Save Changes.
- Try using a computer instead of your phone or vice versa.
If these steps don't help, try using another payment method or contact your bank for help.
Use another payment method
Try using a different credit or debit card. You can use any of the following cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Contact your bank
Contact your bank or financial institution to find out why the payment method might be failing.
If you tried the steps above and contacted your bank, please contact us for help.