Can't reset HBO Max password
When you reset your password, you should get a 'Reset Your HBO Max Password' email within a few minutes (the message is sent by email@example.com).
If you don't get a reset password email, it means the email you entered isn't associated with an HBO Max account.
If you mistyped your email when you created your account or you no longer have access to the email associated with your account, please contact us via chat or phone.
Things to try
If you didn't get a reset password email:
If you don't get a reset password email:
- Search all of your inbox folders for an email from HBO Max (search for 'HBO Max Password' or just 'HBO Max').
- Be sure to check your Promotions and Spam folders.
Do you have another email that you may have used for your HBO Max account? If you do, try these steps:
- Go to HBOMax.com/forgot-password.
- Enter another email address of yours and choose Submit.
- Wait a few minutes and check your inbox for a 'Reset Your HBO Max Password' email sent by HBO Max.
If there's an account associated with the email that you entered, you'll get a 'Reset Your HBO Max Password' email. If you don't get this email, try these steps for each of your email accounts.
If you're signed in on a device, here's how to find your account email:
- Open HBO Max on a device where you're already signed in (phone, tablet, computer, or TV).
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), the Settings icon , and then find or tap Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Settings, and find Account.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon , then choose Account.
- Take note of your account email address.
If you no longer have access to this email account, please contact us via chat or phone.
- Go to HBOMax.com/forgot-password, enter your account email, and then choose Submit.
- Wait a few minutes and check your inbox for a 'Reset Your HBO Max Password' email.
If you signed up using the HBO Max app (on an Android device, Apple device, or a Samsung TV), try restoring your app store subscription:
- Open the HBO Max app on the phone, tablet, or TV device where you subscribed.
- On the sign-in screen, choose Restore Purchase.
To learn more, see Restore an app store subscription.