How does autoplay work?
The next episode in a series automatically plays when you're done watching an episode, allowing you to easily binge watch a series.
When the credits begin, Next Episode appears in the lower right with a 10-second countdown. To start watching right away, choose Next Episode or wait 10 seconds and the episode will automatically play.
If you want to watch the end credits, you can dismiss the Next Episode countdown. Here’s how:
- Apple TV: Press the Menu button on your Apple TV remote.
- Other TV devices: Press the back button on your remote.
- Phones, tablets, and computers: Choose the X beside the Next Episode button.
If you dismiss the countdown, the next episode won’t play until the episode is completely done (including scenes from the next episode).
Turn off autoplay
Autoplay can be turned off on most TV devices. Here's how to turn off autoplay:
- Open HBO Max and then choose the Settings icon (lower left).
- Scroll over and choose Experience (or Playback). Here you can turn autoplay on or off.
Phone, tablet, or computer: Autoplay can't be turned off. If you don't want to watch the next episode, pause or stop playback before the next episode begins. Stay tuned as we add this functionality to all devices.