How do I change the language?
By default, the HBO Max app uses the same language that you're using on your device. However, you can change this if you'd like.
- Open the HBO Max app and switch to your profile.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets) and then the Settings icon (upper left). Choose Display Language and then tap the language you want to use.
- Android TV, Apple TV, or Xbox: Choose your profile icon (upper-left corner) and then choose Change Language (on the My Profile tab). Select the language you want to use and then choose Save.
- Other TV device: Choose the Settings icon (lower left), and then choose Edit Display Language (on the My Profile tab).
- Computer: Choose your profile icon (upper right) and then choose Display Language. Select the language you want to use and then choose OK.
- HBO Max will change to the language you selected. Your display language setting is saved with your profile and will be used across all devices.
Here's how HBO Max uses your display language when you play a show or movie:
- Shows and movies on HBO Max automatically play with the original audio track and subtitles that match your display language.
If you want to change the audio or subtitle language, start watching a show or movie and then choose the Audio and Subtitles button (speech bubble). To learn more about this, see Subtitles, captions, and alternate audio.