Streaming on too many devices
If you have the Standard plan, you can sign in to HBO Max on multiple devices and stream at the same time.
What to do
If you're getting a streaming on too many devices message, do the following:
- Sign in to HBO Max on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon and then the Settings icon (upper-left corner).
- Computer: In the upper-right corner, choose your profile icon.
- Choose Manage Devices (Manage Devices is only available for Adult profiles). A list of devices that you've recently used appears under Other Devices.
ImportantIf you don't recognize a device, see Stop someone from using your account.
- Take note of all devices with a recent Last Used time.
- To start streaming on another device, you'll need to stop streaming on a device that has been used recently. If you stop streaming on a device, you may need to wait a few minutes before you can start streaming on another device.
You can choose to sign out of one or more devices. To learn more, see Sign out of another device.
Your account email and password should not be shared with anyone outside your household. If you suspect that your account is being used without your permission, please see Stop someone from using your account.