Continue watching where you left off
When you start watching something, HBO Max keeps track of your progress. Movies and series that you haven't finished watching are automatically added to Continue Watching. Each profile has its own Continue Watching list. This way you can easily continue watching a movie or series.
- How do I continue watching something?
- Can't find a show on Continue Watching?
- How do I remove items from Continue Watching?
How do I continue watching something?
- Find the Continue Watching row on the Home screen. To see more titles, scroll right and choose See More. On your phone, computer, PlayStation, or Roku, you can also go to your profile and choose Continue Watching.
Note See More is not available on PlayStation or Roku devices at this time.
- Choose what you want to watch and it will start playing where you left off.
Note If you don't see Continue Watching, make sure you're signed in.
How do I switch episodes?
First, choose an episode from Continue Watching and then:
- TV: Press the Back button on your remote (Menu button for Apple TV), and then scroll down to choose a different season or episode.
- Phone, tablet, computer: Above the episode title, tap or click on the series name. Then, scroll down to choose a different season or episode.
Can't find a show on Continue Watching?
You can still start watching where you left off. Here's how:
- TV: Scroll left and choose the Series icon (along the left edge). Then select the series you're watching.
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose the Menu icon (upper-left corner), choose Series, and then select the series you're watching.
- Choose the Search icon, type the series name, and then choose the series you're watching.
Your next episode appears at the top of the screen. Scroll down to see additional episodes and seasons. Episodes that you've already watched have a progress bar.
How do I remove items from Continue Watching?
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon, then Continue Watching, and then Edit. Tap the X next to the item you want to remove, or Clear all to remove everything. When you're done editing, tap Done.
- Computer: Choose your profile icon (upper right), then Continue Watching, and then Edit. Click the X on items you want to remove or choose Clear all to remove everything. When you're done editing, choose Done.
- PlayStation or Roku: Choose your profile icon (upper left), then Continue Watching, and then choose Edit. Select the items(s) you want to remove, or Clear All to remove everything.
- Other TV device: Choose your profile icon (upper left), then choose Continue Watching and then Clear Continue Watching. You can't remove individual items at this time.
See also: Create a list of what you want to watch