Keep kids from switching profiles
By default, your child can't switch from their profile to another profile without entering the PIN that you set up. If your child tries to switch to another profile or edit their profile, they'll be asked for the PIN. You can change your PIN at any time by going to Parental Controls.
Who is watching screen
Here's what happens when you open HBO Max:
- TV or computer: If the last profile used was a Kid profile, then HBO Max uses this profile. If the last profile used was an Adult profile, you'll see the 'Who is Watching' screen when you open HBO Max.
- Phone or tablet: HBO Max always opens with the last profile used (you won't see the 'Who is Watching' screen).
Don't require PIN to switch profiles
For older kids you can turn off the PIN prompt when switching profiles. Here's how:
- Do one of the following:
- TV device: Choose your profile icon in the upper-left corner.
- Phone or tablet: Choose the Profile icon (bottom edge on phones, left edge on tablets).
- Computer: Choose your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Switch Profiles.
- Choose Manage Profiles.
- Choose your child's profile. Kid profiles have a lock icon.
- Enter your PIN and choose Enter.
- Clear the Require PIN to switch profiles check box and then choose Save (you may need to scroll to see this option).