How do I change HBO Max providers?
HBO Max is available from many providers. Your provider is who you signed up through or who bills you for HBO Max. If you want to switch providers, do the following:
First, find out who your subscription is billed through.
- Open HBO Max or sign in at HBOMax.com on your computer. Can't sign in?
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap your profile (upper right), the Settings icon , and then tap or scroll to Subscription.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon and then choose Account.
- Computer: Choose your profile (upper right), then choose Settings, and find Subscription.
Subscription information is only available with Adult profiles.
- Here you can see who your subscription is billed through.
Step 1: Turn off auto-renewal
If your HBO Max subscription is active, you'll need to turn off auto-renewal or cancel your subscription. When you do this, take note of when your subscription expires. You can continue streaming until your subscription expires at the end of your billing period.
Step 2: Wait for your subscription to expire
Wait until your subscription expires at the end of your billing period.
Step 3: Subscribe through another provider
Once your subscription has expired, resubscribe through a different provider. To find out how, see Resubscribe to HBO Max.