Continue watching where you left off
When you start watching something, HBO Max keeps track of your progress. Movies and series that you haven't finished watching are automatically added to Continue Watching. Each profile has its own Continue Watching list. This way you can easily continue watching a movie or series.
- How do I continue watching something?
- Can't find a show on Continue Watching?
- How do I edit my Continue Watching list?
- Play Next on Android TV
- Up Next on Apple TV
How do I continue watching something?
- Find the Continue Watching row on the Home screen. On your phone, tablet, or computer, you can also go to your profile and choose Continue Watching.
- Choose what you want to watch and it will start playing where you left off.
Note If you don't see Continue Watching, make sure you're signed in.
How do I switch episodes?
First, choose an episode from Continue Watching and then:
- TV: Press the Back button on your remote (Menu button for Apple TV), and then scroll down to choose a different season or episode.
- Phone, tablet, computer: Above the episode title, tap or click on the series name. Then, scroll down to choose a different season or episode.
Can’t find a show on Continue Watching?
You can still start watching where you left off. Here's how:
- TV: Scroll left and choose the Series icon (along the left edge). Then select the series you're watching.
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose the Menu icon (upper-left corner), choose Series, and then select the series you're watching.
- Choose the Search icon, type the series name, and then choose the series you're watching.
Your next episode appears at the top of the screen. Scroll down to see additional episodes and seasons. Episodes that you've already watched have a progress bar.
How do I edit my Continue Watching list?
To remove something or everything:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon, then Continue Watching, and then Edit. Tap the X next to the item you want to remove, or Clear all to remove everything. When you're done editing, tap Done.
- Computer: Choose your profile icon (upper-right), then Continue Watching, and then Edit. Click the - Remove button on the items you want to remove or choose Clear all to remove everything. When you're done editing, choose Done.
To clear your Continue Watching list:
- TV: Choose your profile icon (upper-left), then choose Continue Watching and then Clear Continue Watching.
Play Next on Android TV
The Play Next row on your Android TV Home screen includes the next episode of shows you're watching and content you haven't finished.
To add something to Play Next:
- On the Home screen of your Android TV, select a show or movie, and then choose Add to Play Next.
Note If your Home screen doesn't have an HBO Max row, scroll to the bottom of your Home screen, choose Customize channels, and then turn on HBO Max. To learn more about Play Next, see Browse the Android TV Home screen.
Up Next on Apple TV
The Up Next row on the Watch Now screen of the Apple TV app includes the next episode of shows you're watching and content you haven't finished.
To add something to Up Next:
- In the Apple TV app, select a show or movie, and then choose + Add to Up Next.
To learn more about Up Next, see Watch Now in the Apple TV app.
See also: Create a list of what you want to watch