Change an Apple-billed subscription
If you signed up using the HBO Max app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, then your subscription is billed through Apple.
- To confirm that your subscription is Apple-billed, do any of the following:
- Look for this: Your HBO Max subscription is billed through iTunes.
If your subscription is billed through another provider, find them on this page.
- Bank statement: You can also review your bank statement for an HBO Max subscription charge. If your subscription charge lists iTunes Store, App Store, Apple, or something similar, then your subscription is Apple-billed. (If your subscription is part of a TV package or wireless plan, you won't see an individual charge for HBO Max.)
Apple-billed subscriptions Q&A
- How do I cancel?
- When will my subscription renew?
- How do I change my payment method?
- How do I see my billing history?
- Why was I charged for a free trial?
- Can I get a refund?
How do I cancel my Apple-billed subscription?
Your subscription automatically renews each month until you cancel
Which device would you like to use?
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap your name
- Tap Supscriptions.
- Find and tap your HBO Max subscription. Choose Cancel Subscription.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings.
- Select Users & Accounts, then select account.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select HBO Max, and then Cancel Subscription.
To find out how to cancel go to Apple's cancellation steps and then scroll down for the Mac and Windows info.
You should recieve an email from Apple confirming your cancellation. You can continue to stream until your subscription expires at the end of your billing cycle.
Can't find an HBO Max subscription?Try these things?
- Make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase your subscription.
- Go to the Apple device where you started your HBO Max subscription and view your subscriptions using the steps above.
- Check out Apples's Don't see your subscription article.
When will my subscription renew?
You pay for your subscription in advance of the covered month. Your monthly billing cycle begines the day you start paying for your subscription (after your free trial period).
To find your renewal date, view your subscriptions in the App Store or the iTunes Store. To find out how, see Apple's View your subscription article.
How do I change my payment method?
Apple-billed subscriptions are billed to your Apple ID payments method.
To change your payment in iOS:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select your name > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID (usually your email) > View Apple ID (and sign in, if prompted).
- Tap Manage Payments.
- Tap the payment method you want to change, then edit your information.
For more info, please see Apple's Change Apple ID payment article.
How do I see my billing history?
To review your billing history, go to Apple's Purchase history article.